Monday, October 20, 2014

New volunteer in Kalamata: Ines from Austria



 Hey! I’m Ines and I’m one of the new EVS volunteers in Kalamata. I’m from Austria and 27 years old. Last year in September, I graduated from the University of Vienna, Zoology as a master. Afterwards I moved to Germany, Stuttgart, to work for an animal welfare organisation. Unfortunately it didn’t work out for me as planned and I decided to take one year off, go abroad and volunteer. During my study I volunteered a lot for different NGOs like Greenpeace, Global2000, Birdlife etc. Animal welfare and environmentalism is my passion and that’s also the reason why I chose to do EVS in Kalamata and volunteer for the Re-think project. I grew up in a very small village on a farm and therefore I was interested in animals and nature since my early childhood. At the age of 15 I became a vegetarian which drove my parents crazy.
I like to go hiking, taking walks and relax at the beach and go for a swim. I love to go out with friends, travelling and having fun and I really like to read good books. Furthermore family is really important to me. I have two sisters that I love and adore so much. Without them I don't know where I'll be.
I got motivated for doing EVS during my internship at Greenpeace. At this time Greenpeace hosted an EVS volunteer from Portugal. I think that it is the best way to get to know a foreign country and its residents and also yourself. So I’m really looking forward to my EVS experience in Kalamata.

No comments: