Monday, October 20, 2014

New volunteer in Kalamata: Agnieszka from Poland



Agnieszka from Poland

Hello,
I’m a new volunteer in Youth Center of Kalamata. My name is Agnieszka, I’m 23 years old and I come from Poland. . I live in  middle-sized city, it is called Bialystok and it’s located in Podlaskie region. It’s also known as a “green area of Poland”.
I have a bachelor degree in Pedagogy of Cultural and now I’m in the middle of my master studies, but for evs I took a gap year.
I’m a big fan of music festivals, I like attending local concerts, too. I’m interested in travelling and getting to know new cultures. I also like working for the student community. I belong to a lot of student organisations and it’s quite important part of my life. I also enjoy cooking and tasting different cuisines.
I came to Kalamata 5th of September and I my project will last until June. I already started learning a little bit of Greek language and planning some journeys around the country. In my free time I look around the city and spend time on the beach. I have already good impression of the city and Greeks. Kalamata is a pretty place, surrounded by sea and mountains. There are a lot of small cafes and some little parks with palms and different kind of fountains. Weather now seems to be perfect for me. I like Greek houses with balconies and terraces on the roofs. In the evenings you can find on the streets people of different ages, from small kids to elderlies, which is rather not common in my country. I really enjoy being here!

No comments: