Monday, October 20, 2014

New volunteer in Kalamata: Daan from The Netherlands


Hello readers of this K.A.N.E. blogspot. My name is Daan and i will be a new volunteer in this spiderweb of great activity's in Kalamata and outside. It was a great feeling, to land safely on Greek ground. I didn't kissed the ground because I was afraid of burning my lips on the hot ground, but what I am trying to say is that i was pleased to finally be here.
Maybe you want to know something about me. As I told I am Daan Roorda, born in for you I think a well known city,Gouda (the Netherlands). (The lovely cheese is coming from there). With my blond hear and blue eyes I really am what we call a cheese head. I am the youngest in my family, I have 2 lovely sisters and 1 brother. All of them are married, and I am really proud on the fact that I am uncle of a lovely guy called Olivier.
A further introduction will come soon, for know I will give my first impression of Kalamata in a few important words guided with explanation.
Fizzy.
Maybe sparkling is a better word but I like Fizzy. It is fizzy, there is always great nightlife and the streets are crowded for a very late time. Lovely!!!
Hospitality.
Most of the people I met the last 2 days are amazingly friendly. They want to help you, and where possible they want to share. Feels really good coming from a cold individualistic northern country.
Friendly.
Shit, I already wrote something about it at the word hospitality.. So read there ;)
Relaxed.
People are working very relaxed. No stress, take it easy. When they go home,work is done. I come from a country where rushing is normal. Everybody is walking fast, doing a lot of things on the same time but go home not satisfied about the amount of work they have done. So I will enjoy finally some relaxed attitude of still hard working and be happy at the end of the day!
So, if you want to know more of me, visit me and ask me anything! Hope to see you!

No comments: