Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reykjavík


Reykjavík

This is the city where I currently live in Iceland, I was born in Sauðárkrókur and my parents currently live in Hvaljörður, where I was raised, but for the past three years I’ve lived with my sister, my grandmother and now my boyfriend in Reykjavík. It’s a beautiful city it’s the oldest one in Iceland. The scenery is very beautiful any time of the year. 

Winter
There are 119,108 people living there. One of the things that most people talk about when they visit Reykjavík is the night life, people love to party all night long. The main street in downtown Reykjavík is Laugavegur, where there are a lot of shops, café’s and bars. It’s always decorated a lot during Christmas and the street is filled with life any time of the year. During summer there are a lot of festivals on that street so it’s a big street in Iceland.
Summer


This is Hallgrímskirkja, a church where all the tourists come and take a lot of photos because it’s big. Icelanders don’t care much about that. 

Hallgrímskirkja






This is a sunset over Reykjavík during summer, it’s very beautiful. 


No comments: