Sunday, September 16, 2012

A French Youth Centre


 ESPACE CORDIER MJC: A FRENCH YOUTH CENTER



My name is Loic, I am 27, I come from France, from a little city (Melun ) near Paris . I come in Kalamata for work in youth center during 1 year. My goal is to discover the social work in Greece.



In France,  I am a volunteer in organization since 5 years. This organization called « ESPACE CORDIER-MJC », it’s an home youth and culture, like the Youth Center in Kalamata, its non-profit/ nongovernmental organization with public fund. The organization has 859 members, it has 8 permanent employee (manager, assistant manager, stage manager, secretary, accountant, home agent, animator, and responsible for cultural action) .This organization is managed by a board of trustees; I am trustee since 3 years.  The “ESPACE CORDIER-MJC” are open Tuesday at Saturday, 13.00 to 22.00.The public is 6 year from 70 years. 

The « ESPACE CORDIER – MJC » offers 43 workshops like hip-hop dance, painting, guitar lessons, oriental dance, English lessons, gym, and photography.  It organized Hip-hop festival, this festival are stop in 2009, for financial reasons. It organizes photo and painting exhibitions, concerts during the year.







A part of organization, is responsible for music activity, it is called “LE CHAUDRON” (in English: the cauldron). In “LE CHAUDRON” , there are studio for recording and repetition, a bar and a concert hall. I was voluntary more precisely in this part; I was responsible of Concert hall programming. My work was to choose music band for the concert hall, and did some flyers. The evening concert, I prepared the lodge, welcomed the band and the institutional partners, and I did sign the contract.

There are 15 concerts during the year; the styles of music are rap, reggae, metal.


 

During this 5 year , I discovered a lot of music band, I met a lot of people, I went a lot of concerts.


Now this is a new human adventure that awaits me in the Youth Center of Kalamata  


Article by Loic Marchand

No comments: