Friday, February 24, 2017

How I feel to go back to Austria?

Soon I will go back to Austria, after one year living in Greece I will return to my home in Austria.
Almost a year ago I came to Kalamata, I worked and lived here for 10 months now and it changed my life. I had many very good moments and a few bad moments during this period, but all in all this was probably the best year of my life so far.
To see how I feel to go back, I have to tell you how I felt when I left to do EVS.

In the beginning of 2016 I had a very rough time I was very unhappy and if I would not have changed my situation I would have become depressed and make big decisions I would regret.
So yes, a year ago I was still in high school and actually I just had to do two more years and I would be finished, but as I told you I was very unhappy and school was the biggest reason for this. So I wanted to change things. It was probably a little bit of an overreaction but I dropped out of school.
Without a plan for the Future and without any good job chances I was feeling worse than before. But then one month after I dropped out I decided to do EVS and at this moment I started to feel a lot better. And after I left my known home and came to Kalamata I felt better and better.
I became very happy here and I got many ideas how I imagine my future.  I have a daily schedule and I don´t have to worry about the next day, I don´t have to find a job or think what I should do.

But now I will go back in less than two months, and I will have to think about all this things.
Yes I will return to my home, and I am very happy to see my friends and all the things I was missing, but on the other hand I will return to my “normal” life where I have to think of all this things, I will have to find a job/school, I will have to find an apartment and also many other stuff which I have to do.


My general feeling is good and I am happy to go home, but I am also a concerned and afraid, because there are so many things I have to think of. I am afraid that if I will be home I will fall back into my old situation. But since I changed a lot during my stay in Kalamata I don´t think this will be the case.

Written by

No comments: