Friday, February 17, 2017

First impression!

When I close my eyes and think of Kalamata the first images that come into my memory are the mountains. As the car moved forward I was amazed by the line they drew against the blue sky, like a fortress protecting us. 
In the city, the low houses, the orange trees with their shadows, the cats lazing on the sidewalks and the warm sun reminded me of a long and quiet morning. At the harbor, I realized that this sea does not carry the scent of the Atlantic, but its wave still reminds me of the past, still keep the promises of what is yet to come.
Here I have found welcoming people, with easy and open smiles.
In Kalamata I feel time to be the same as the unhurried time of my childhood memories, when I could lose hours just to find them again at sunset, when it was time to return home.

Written by
our new volunteer!

Meet Joana!

Hello J My name is Joana, I'm 29 years old and I'm from Lisbon, Portugal. I studied fine arts, art education and museology and I just arrived Kalamata for a 12 months EVS project. I've worked for a lot of time in bookshops and I love to read. I like quiet places where I can be in touch with nature. I’m a curious person and I’m always trying to learn new things and find new perspectives. Traveling is one my passions and my day is always better if I have a cup of tea with me.

No comments: