Monday, January 27, 2014

KEKYKAMEA



KEKYKAMEA

By: EDA




My first day in Kekykamea my feelings was a little bit strange because I have no experience in a disabled center. I thought that, this is perfect experience because you will know and learn  about the disable and learn about them, they can saw you many thinks, they saw you to appreciate the little things in life and to enjoy the small things also.
I had experience about people who have body disabled but I never have experience about mental disabled people.
I want to be honest from the beginning because of this reason I was little bit worry, but with the time, I understood that this job is not easy. You need to have patience when Nikos ask you million times "σπίτι μετά, σπίτι μετά; ", the same when Giorgia ask you million times something that you said "δεν καταλαβαίνω, δεν ξέρω ελληνικά. ", when she try to ask again again and again. But now, I can understand that they want to communicate, they want to talk  and share with you. They have clear mind more than a lot of people, they do what they want to do instantly. Everything is sincere.           

Sometimes  the Youth Center have collaborated with us  with others volunteers ideas.  Last time Amaia and one Circus Company from France came to Kekykamea  to make a workshop, a little of juggling and a bit of body awareness.They enjoy a lot!!!.




We have a lot of workshops in Kekykamea; cooking, gardening, dancing, english, ceramics, painting, music and storytelling workshops. 



My favorite workshops are music and storytelling because I love music, I will be part of storytelling workshop singing with  one guy who will play guitar, another women will tell story and children will play behind the curtain. Perfect teamwork!!!. And for music workshop this is also really good a women playing piano and we are singing all togehter. That is also good for improve our  Greek.



And one of my favorite job in Kekykamea is the "transportation", we are helping to the youth for bring then from their home and come back. This is not job from the beginning actually, because you don't know Kalamata exactly and this job is helping you about learn around and sometimes far places also around Kalamata. That is really good like touristic stuff.




No comments: