Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Familie visit1/2

Hello my name is Oskar Schrattenecker, and i am a Volunteer in the Youth Center of Kalamata. I am 18 years old and was born in Austria, in the middle of march i started my Evs project.
A lot of interesting things happend during my stay here. But now i want to talk about the visit of my Mother and my Sister.
On 14 of August my Mother and my Sister arrived in Kalamata/Greece. They stayed till 1st of September.
My familie lived with me in the Apartment of the Volunteers, we all shared one room, but there were no problems with that.

The first week (15-22) we only stayed in Kalamata, we went to the beach on a daily level, and visited some interesting places, such as the Local Market every Wednesday and Saturday, the Castel of Kalamata and the archeological Museum of Messini.

The second week we started to go a little bit around Kalamata.
On 23 of August we rent a car and went to Polilimno, a beautifull river with a lot of small lakes and Waterfalls inside a small canyon. After Polilimno we went to Voidokilia Beach, a beach near the city Pylos, its also a beautifull place. Its a big bay and the its very shallow the water is  very clear so you can snorkl very good although there is not so much to see.
It was a nice trip althoug at the end a thunderstorm appeared and it started to rain very heavily. We had to run back to the car to be not soaking wet.

On the 25 we went to Kardamili by bus, unfortunatly we missed our station and we went to the next town, but since the locals are very friendly we could hitchhike back to Kardamili.
In Kardamili we visited the old town of Kardamili, its an old castle and its very beautifull and interesting, also from the castle there is a nice small trail to the curch of Sofia.
On the trail you have an amazing view over Kardamili and the sea. 

The next days we also went to Ancient Messene and to Athens. I will narrate this in another blog here.

-Oskar Schrattenecker

No comments: